How to Prepare for a Short Baltic Cruises from Helsinki
How to Prepare for a Fun-Packed Short Baltic Cruises
Short Baltic cruises are the ideal way to take a break from the stresses of everyday life. What better way to indulge in such much-needed pampering than aboard a luxury liner? Baltic cruises offer some of the best opportunities to see some of the most amazing sights in popular destinations and along the way. Short Baltic cruises from Helsinki to St Petersburg, Stockholm,Tallinn, or Stockholm are hard to beat. But the details you know before your first cruise could mean the difference between a good time and a great one!
What to Pack for the Short Baltic Cruises
- Clothes for Hot and Cold Weather – You never know what the temperature is going to be or the sudden changes that damp weather might bring. Pack for warm and cool weather but include a good waterproof windbreaker.
- Bring Your Best Walking Shoes – No matter which stops you make, you will have to do some walking. If you feel the need to invest in a new pair before the cruise, make sure you break them in before you go.
- Formal and Modest Clothing – You may be required to dress for dinner or want to make a visit to a restaurant that requires formal dress. Some tours include visits to must-see churches where long sleeves and pants are required.
- Convert Your Money – Find out which of your stops are in countries that haven’t made the conversion to Euros. You will probably want to convert some of your money into a variety of currencies.
- Pack Your Swimsuit – If you plan to go swimming on the cruise liner or at the beach, this is one essential you don’t want to leave behind.
- Sunglasses – They don’t have to be your designer glasses but they should be effective at blocking out UV rays. Polarized sunglasses are a good choice. They reduce the glare off the water.
- Hat or Cap
- Camera with Extra Batteries
Favorite Attractions on Baltic Cruises
A lot of the attractions that you will see will be in St. Petersburg. This incredible city is rich in history and culture, boasting a lot of museums and elaborate churches. One to see is the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. You can also visit the State Hermitage Museum to learn about the area’s art and culture.
For families, there are zoos and aquariums, such as Ekzoopark and the St. Petersburg Dolphinarium. Adults can engage in the food, wine, & nightlife in the many pubs, bars, and clubs including the Jimi Hendrix Blues Club.
Contact Nordic Cruises today to book your place on Baltic cruises from Helsinki. Reserve your place aboard the MS Anastasia or MS Serenada and come prepared for a cruise you will never forget.