Kirkenes, Norway: King Crab Safari
Visit Kirkenes for Fishing King Crabs in Norway
Fares from 555 € per person
Subject to season and number of people in the booking.
Until April, SKU 21136
Visit Kirkenes for An Extraordinary Norwegian Experience
When you visit Norway, be sure not to miss the wonders of a tour in Kirkenes – a unique and tranquil Arctic village.
Day 1: Fishing King Crabs
Departure from Inari, Ivalo, Karslauttanen, or Sariselka at 7:30 am
Arrival in Kirkenes, Norway at 11:00 am. Spend the day exploring this intriguing, one-of-a-kind city, and check into the comfortable hotel.
Located only 15 km from the Russian border, the little town of Kirkenes, Norway, has plenty to offer. To visit Kirkenes, you will journey far to the northeast and into the heart of the Northern Lights zone.
Meet to begin the King Crab Safari tour at 5:00 pm.
On your Fishing King Crabs tour, a professional guide will lead the group on snowmobiles to fishing holes in the darkness of an Arctic night. Warm, protective clothing and all necessary gear are provided. Once the enormous red crab (they can reach a leg span of 1.8m!) is raised to the surface, you will ride to a nearby farmhouse. There, the king crabs will be prepared and cooked quickly into a fresh and tasty dinner. Don’t be fooled by the hard and unattractive exterior of these sea creatures. On the inside, king crabs are filled with delicate, sweet meat.
Journey by snowmobile back to the hotel at 9:30 pm.
Day 2: Say Goodbye.
Enjoy breakfast in the hotel.
Departure from Kirkenes, Norway at 11:45 am.
Arrival back in Inari, Ivalo, Karslauttanen, or Sariselka at 5:30 pm.
Day 1: Welcome Kirkenes for Fishing King Crabs
- Departure from Inari, Ivalo, Karslauttanen or Sariselka at 7:30 am by our shuttle bus
- Arriving in Kirkenes at 11:00 am
- Explore the town of Kirkenes, Norway
- Check-in at 4 star hotels: Thon Hotel in Kirkenes, Scandic Hotel or Kirkenes Snow Hotel
- King Crab Safari starts at 5:00 pm by snowmobile with guide
- Warm protective clothing and equipment are provided
- King Crab Safari Experience: saw the hole, catch the crab
- Snowmobile sledge to a farmhouse near the lake
- King crab diner at the farmhouse
- Return to your hotel at 9:30 pm by snowmobile
Day 2: Discover Norway Nature
- Breakfast in hotel
- Departure from Kirkenes at 11:45 am
- Arriving back in Inari, Ivalo, Karslauttanen or Sariselka at 5:30 pm
What is included:
- Transfer Ivalo-Kirkenes-Ivalo
- Hotel 4* in Kirkenes, Norway
- King Crab Safari
- Crab dinner
What is not included:
- Any transportation to or from Inari, Ivalo, Karslauttanen or Sariselka
- Travel insurance
You can book any 4* hotel of your choice: